what’s new in 1.5
There’s lots of improvements under the hood, and a list of new and better user features too:
- file upload field allows any type of file to be uploaded
- resend private link for users who’ve lost theirs
- math captcha sets a simple test for a human user
- custom CSS setting for easy presentation tweaks
- wildcard characters allowed in searches
- total shortcode shows total records and more
- search shortcode to place search controls anywhere
- groups attribute in shortcodes to show only selected groups of fields
- date range filters in the admin list
- expanded API for more ways to customize functionality
- “busy” spinner image for AJAX-powered searches so the user knows something is happening while the data loads
- labeled selection items for better readability
- support for multiple-page forms
This WordPress plugin is for the purpose of creating a database for use in a WordPress site. It is primarily intended as a way to manage information pertaining to people such as the members of a club or team, volunteers, students, anything like that. It gives you the ability to allow people to create and edit their own record while additional information can be managed by administrators or managers. The plugin may also be used as the basis for an index, directory or catalog.
The database is made up of fields, and each field may be one of several types that are uniquely suited to store a particular kind of information. These fields can also be divided into groups to help organize the information. Fields can also be provided with help text to assist users in providing the information.
Please read the documentation fully, as this is a complex plugin that can be used in a lot of different ways.
I have created a page that gives a step-by-step method for setting up a typical application of the plugin. I suggest you begin with that, it will help you understand how the plugin works and also give you a working baseline so you know the plugin works on your site. You can make your modifications to the plugin functionality from there.