Provides an update-safe location for all your Participants Database custom templates. Version 2 adds Multisite support.
This plugin creates a location for your Participants Database custom templates in the content directory of your WordPress site. Typically, the location will be:
In some cases, the content directory looks different than that, this add-on will place the participants-database-templates folder in whatever the designated content directory is for your WordPress install. Ask your developer or hosting tech support if you don’t know where that is.
For multisite installs, each blog will have it’s own folder within that folder for custom templates.
This plugin is not compatible with the original Custom Templates Folder plugin. See below for instructions if you were using the version 0.3 plugin.
When using this plugin with multisite, each site will have it’s own directory for templates. Each multisite directory is named using the ID of the blog…for instance:
and so forth…
Use with Other Participants Database Add-Ons
Some add-ons offered here use their own templates, for example Field Group Tabs or Member Payments. The Custom Templates Folder add-on works with all these add-ons as well. The main difference is where you get the default template to start with when creating your own custom templates: each add-on that uses special templates will have it’s default templates in a folder named “templates” in the plugin folder. See the add-on’s instructions for the details.
Migrating from version 0.3 to version 2
If you were using the original (version 0.3) of the Custom Template Folder add-on for Participants Database, you must make some changes before using this one. Nothing bad will happen if you don’t, it just won’t work as expected.
- This will temporarily interrupt proper display of your Participants Database custom templates.
- Install (do not activate) the new Custom Template Folder 2 plugin
- Deactivate (but do not delete) the original Custom Template Folder (version 0.3) plugin
- Now activate the new Custom Template Folder 2 plugin
- Using FTP (or your hosting files manager), locate the template directory in the original Custom Template Folder plugin. The path will in most cases be:
- That path is where all your custom templates will be
- The 2.0 plugin creates a new directory in the content directory of your site. Typically the path will be:
- Move your templates from the old plugin templates directory into the new location
- Check your displays, your custom templates should be active again
- Once you know the custom templates are working, you can remove or delete the original plugin.